[Ubuntu] Buggy QGis 3.4

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch
Fri Mar 15 06:29:29 PDT 2019

Dear all,

I got QGis 3.4 installed this morning from the unstable PPA. I am now back to QGis 2.18. There are a number of weird things with QGis 3.4:
- Theme no longer integrates with the DE (every other version I used does so).
- Canvas settings (colour, etc) are not working. Can be changed but have no effect.
- Raster styling is not working, i.e. colours assigned to cells are different from those defined in the .qml file.
- Vector styling is not working correctly either.
- Moving floating panels sometimes fails.

I am sorry to bother you with this, but before I start filling bug reports left and right I would like to make sure there isn't a different cause. These look to be too many bugs for a LTS release. Are you experiencing similar issues? Could they somehow be related to the packaging?

Thank you.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Email: luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch
RingID: ring:7ca91d83f4f9dec82fec9f1144b8e5c1ef2a110c