[Ubuntu] Code Sprint 2019 update for UbuntuGIS

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Thu May 16 03:20:26 PDT 2019

Hi all,

Here is a report on what has been done during the code sprint:
1. All tested packages for Ubuntu Trusty, Xenial and Bionic have now
been moved to our Stable ppa [1]
2. Trusty packages have been removed from Unstable, Testing and
Experimental.
3. Ubuntu maintainers have asked (on IRC) why we keep Trusty packages
(since Trusty is EOL). We have requested for some time (and disk space)
to keep trusty packages on stable ppa only for Travis CI usage and for
some production setups. It is recommended though to move away from
Trusty in the following months.

Best,
Angelos

[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntu/ppa