[Ubuntu] cowbuilder fails for Ubuntu 20.04 Focal

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Sat May 2 08:37:01 PDT 2020

On 5/2/20 5:28 PM, Martin Landa wrote:
> so 2. 5. 2020 v 17:24 odesílatel Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> napsal:
>> but not for focal.
>
> After creating the folder [...] I am able to run cowbuilder. Great.

You shouldn't have to. As I wrote before:

"
 You can use --aptcache=/var/cache/pbuilder/aptcache/ to override the
 pbuilderrc as documented in the pbuilder(8) manpage, but you shouldn't
 have a per chroot apt cache configured in the pbuilderrc.
"

I would remove the APTCACHE config from ~/.pbuilderrc and the
documentation. Or if you insist on keep the per chroot cache, document
the need to create the directory when creating a new choot in the linked
wiki.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--