[OSGeo-UK] Updates to the wiki page (finally)

Joanne Cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Aug 22 10:55:01 EDT 2008

Hi All,

Just to let you know that I have updated the wiki page for the UK Local Chapter, finally, to focus more on what the local chapter should do, and to include details of up and coming events. I have also put in place holders for links to useful case studies for people and companies wanting to make the transition to open source gis, and for links to publicly available geodata. I would be very grateful for assistance in populating these areas so if anyone has anything to add then feel free to edit the wiki as you see fit.

Bill Wilcox is collating the information on publicly available geodata, as we are keen not to get any "dodgy" sources in here, or to step on anyone's feet by offering data that isn't supposed to be available.

For information, we have been unable to secure a room at the AGI conference in September, as they want us to pay lots of money for the privilege, but we shouldn't let that stop us! If anyone is going to the conference then speak up and hopefully we can arrange some sort of adhoc get-together, even if it's just at lunchtime.

Similarly, if you're off to FOSS4G in Cape Town and want to meet up with fellow Brits, this is your chance...

All the best and sorry for the last couple of month's inaction- work was taking priority.

Jo

Joanne Cook
Senior IT Support and Development
Oxford Archaeology (North)