[OSGeo-UK] Re: CKAN for open geodata

Joanne Cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 12:38:44 EDT 2008

Hi Jonathan,

I hadn't thought of linking in to CKAN but it makes a lot of sense. I think it's worth looking at various recent discussions about the type of metadata we would need for it to be usable, but it's a good place to start and saves reinventing the wheel. There are also other repositories of useful data (my knowledge is biased to the UK), but we could start with a collection of links to all of these options.

Thanks- and sorry you couldn't make the meeting in May- the next big one will be in September

All the best

Jo

Joanne Cook
Senior IT Support and Development