[OSGeo-UK] Trivial GEO services at scale

Dirk-Willem van Gulik Dirk-Willem.van.Gulik at bbc.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 04:52:53 EST 2009

Folks,

If you are interested to have some tenative/speculative chats about how
one would go about building geo aware services which are much more on
the audience facing side of things and which are GIS-ish rather than
proper GIS and GEO, drop me a private ping.

I.e. think things lke lots of small creates, deletes and updates on
fairly fixed datums/geoids - as opposed to complex operations by a few
skilled operatators. And more of the tagging, images and metadata
attachments, with a temporal dimension, rather than pure map layers. And
moving things across maps and so on.

However - with still enough of a GIS/GEO slant to be able to use the
normal tools in the back office; yet with a very gentle learning curve
on the creative side of the process.

Thanks,

Dw
--
Dirk-Willem van Gulik, Chief Technical Architect, BBC, FM&T, BC4/B3.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/