[OSGeo-UK] Contract / Job Opportunity - Python & PostgreSQL & PostGIS

Mike Saunt mikesaunt at astuntechnology.com
Mon Apr 12 18:47:30 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Thought I'd email the UK OSGeo list first - we have a few new projects
where for an experienced Python & PostgreSQL & PostGIS developer  via a
series contracts or possibly full time employment - this is probably
more suited to freelancers / self employed unless companies have very
competitive rates.

The projects include:
1.  Spatial / Temporal grid creation via PostgreSQL (and possibly
PostGIS) with automation of analysis with Python and output via GRASS.
This is for predictive crime modelling.  This will be made available
Open Source primarily for Local Crime and Disorder Partnerships.  The
specification / methodology has been proven and we'll need someone with
strong Python skills to complete the automation and GRASS integration -
minimal GRASS than creating 'hotspot' map output.

2.  Continued development of our FTP Replication software written in
Python.  This module packages up changes to a PostgreSQL database and
filesystem and replicates via FTP to a remote server.  The restoration
at that server is then initiated via HTTP calls to a web service.  There
are reasons (single direction, secure networks) why we've developed this
instead of using software such as SLONY etc

3.  Further development of our Geo Analysis module inside PostGIS
including what we term as 'Geographic Pivot Tables' - taking point data
and transforming against boundaries to provide pivot table summaries

4.  Development / Extension of a WPS with GRASS (probably pyWPS) -
enhancements to provide additional processes.  These will probably be
released back as open source.

These are a few tasters of the projects we currently have.  If you are
interested please drop me an email with the above subject line

******************** No employment agencies please ************************

Thanks
Mike

--
Mike Saunt
Astun Technology Ltd

3 Clients in the top 20 SOCITM Better Connected 2009

'South Tyneside Council' powered by iShare
-- 'WINNER - Best Business Process Transformation through Avoidable
Contact (NI14) ' - NLPG Exemplar Awards 2008

Surrey Heath 'My Protected Trees'
-- 'Innovation and Best Practice, Local Government' - AGI Awards 2007
(highly commended)