[OSGeo-UK] Local chapter gets twitter account

Mike Saunt mikesaunt at astuntechnology.com
Fri Oct 1 03:34:03 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I thought I'd provide back a quick summary back from our meeting
Wednesday.  Main topics covered:

    *

      Marketing

            Banners have been designed, still waiting for feedback from
            OSGeo marketing committee regarding font etc for banners

            Need to start punching above our weight with regards that OS
            software is accepted as alternative to Proprietary. We need
            the examples of how it is already being used in the various
            markets.

    *

      Case Studies - *(Anthony Scott to lead)*

         1.

            Astun via William Allbrook to help build a template for the
            case studies for Anthony Scott

         2.

            Focus on business problems solved as opposed just about
            technology

         3.

            Can we use the Welsh Assembly example?

    *

      Events - possibly 5 events to attend this year* (need someone to
      coordinate)*

            Ordnance Survey Emergency Services / Local Government Events

            AGI 2011

            OSGIS 2011

            GISRUK

            WhereCamp EU

    *

      Development and R&D

            *University of Nottingham to continue to help on this front*

            Astun, by the end of 2010, will offer a download of OS
            OpenData formatted in in PostGIS , possibly with MapServer /
            GeoServer styling definitions provided with the goal of
            people having a way to start using OS OpenData very quickly.
            (May need help/thoughts from others on training material to
            be written in early 2011)

      Also, I hope you'll all be glad to know that in my fund-raising
      role (at the Bar) for OSGeo:UK/ I've managed to secure £500
      sponsorship from 1Spatial/ and also a possible commitment of one
      of their guys to help us drive things forward. Jo, how do we get
      this done? Does OSGeo:UK invoice 1Spatial?

Thanks
Mike

*Mike Saunt*
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey,
KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 m:+44 788 7777 680
iShare - Data integration and publishing platform
<http://www.isharemaps.com>
See the new iShare user group website <http://astun1.ning.com>
Over 35% of the 4 star council websites use iShare - SOCITM Better
Connected 2010

'South Tyneside Council' powered by iShare
-- 'WINNER - Best take up and usage' - National eGovernment Awards 2010
-- 'WINNER - Best Business Process Transformation through Avoidable
Contact (NI14) ' - NLPG Exemplar Awards 2008

Surrey Heath 'My Protected Trees'
-- 'Innovation and Best Practice, Local Government' - AGI Awards 2007
(highly commended)

864201149.