[OSGeo-UK] OSGeo:UK IRC Meeting

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Mon Feb 27 05:47:26 EST 2012

Hi All,

It might be better to put this meeting off till next week as that way I
will be able to update with plans following on from Wednesday's meeting. It
will give people a little more notice too. Thoughts anyone?

Jo

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Suchith Anand <
Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,****
>
> ** **
>
> Reminder of today's OSGeo:UK IRC Meeting. ****
>
> ** **
>
> I won’t be able to attend today's meeting , so here is the update on
> Research and Academic Activities. The main update is that we are now in the
> process of building up new functionalities for ELOGeo
> http://elogeo.nottingham.ac.uk/   including developing mapping
> functionalities for Xerte (which is  full suite of open source tools for
> elearning developers and content authors producing interactive learning
> materials. Details at http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte/  ). The aim is
> to make this available for lecturers in other disciplines to teach mapping
> concepts  who have very little knowledge of GIS (for example in economics,
> forestry etc ).****
>
> ** **
>
> Jo, hopefully you will be able to give update on the FOSS4G 2013  UK bid
> plans.****
>
> ** **
>
> Draft agenda below****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Date - 27th Feb 2012****
>
> Time - 13:00-14:00 ****
>
> ** **
>
> Draft Agenda****
>
> ** **
>
> 1. Introductions****
>
> ** **
>
> 2. Casestudies update - Antony Scott****
>
> ** **
>
> 3. Events update - Jo Cook****
>
> ** **
>
> 4. Strategies and Marketing update - Mike Saunt****
>
> ** **
>
> 5. Research and academic activities update – Suchith Anand****
>
> ** **
>
> 6. .....****
>
> ** **
>
> 7. ....****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Please add/modify items to the agenda****
>
> ** **
>
> IRC meeting:****
>
> ** **
>
> 1) Login at http://webchat.freenode.net/  ****
>
> 2) Join the #osgeo-uk channel****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Best wishes,****
>
> ** **
>
> Suchith****
>
> ** **
>
> Dr Suchith Anand**
>
> Nottingham Geospatial Institute
> Nottingham Geospatial Building ****
>
> University of Nottingham  NG7 2 TU
> Tel: (0)115 82 32750****
>

> http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~lgzwww/contacts/staffPages/SuchithAnand/Suchith%20Anand.htm
> ****
>

> http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/cgs/research/researchareas/opensourcegeospatialresearch.aspx
> http://elogeo.nottingham.ac.uk/
> http://ica-opensource.scg.ulaval.ca/****

> [...]

***Jo Cook*
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18
7RL, UK
t:+44 750 095 8167
iShare - Data integration and publishing platform<http://www.isharemaps.com/>
See the new Helpdesk and Customer
portal<http://support.astuntechnology.com/home>
Over 35% of the 4 star council websites use iShare - SOCITM Better
Connected 2010

See our customer commendations and
awards<http://astuntechnology.com/customers/awards-and-commendations/>

864201149.