[OSGeo-UK] OSGeo:UK IRC Meeting

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Mon Feb 27 06:49:41 EST 2012

OK all,

Let's move the meeting till next Monday (March 5th) at 1pm. See you all
there!

Jo

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Mike Saunt
<mikesaunt at astuntechnology.com>wrote:

> I'm afraid I can't either
>
> sent from mobile which isn't an iPhone
> On Feb 27, 2012 10:45 AM, "Suchith Anand" <Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Reminder of today's OSGeo:UK IRC Meeting. ****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> I won’t be able to attend today's meeting , so here is the update on
>> Research and Academic Activities. The main update is that we are now in the
>> process of building up new functionalities for ELOGeo
>> http://elogeo.nottingham.ac.uk/   including developing mapping
>> functionalities for Xerte (which is  full suite of open source tools for
>> elearning developers and content authors producing interactive learning
>> materials. Details at http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte/  ). The aim is
>> to make this available for lecturers in other disciplines to teach mapping
>> concepts  who have very little knowledge of GIS (for example in economics,
>> forestry etc ).****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Jo, hopefully you will be able to give update on the FOSS4G 2013  UK bid
>> plans.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Draft agenda below****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Date - 27th Feb 2012****
>>
>> Time - 13:00-14:00 ****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Draft Agenda****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> 1. Introductions****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> 2. Casestudies update - Antony Scott****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> 3. Events update - Jo Cook****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> 4. Strategies and Marketing update - Mike Saunt****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> 5. Research and academic activities update – Suchith Anand****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> 6. .....****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> 7. ....****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Please add/modify items to the agenda****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> IRC meeting:****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> 1) Login at http://webchat.freenode.net/  ****
>>
>> 2) Join the #osgeo-uk channel****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Best wishes,****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Suchith****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Dr Suchith Anand**
>>
>> Nottingham Geospatial Institute
>> Nottingham Geospatial Building ****
>>
>> University of Nottingham  NG7 2 TU
>> Tel: (0)115 82 32750****
>>

>> http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~lgzwww/contacts/staffPages/SuchithAnand/Suchith%20Anand.htm
>> ****

> [...]

***Jo Cook*
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18
7RL, UK
t:+44 750 095 8167
iShare - Data integration and publishing platform<http://www.isharemaps.com/>
See the new Helpdesk and Customer
portal<http://support.astuntechnology.com/home>
Over 35% of the 4 star council websites use iShare - SOCITM Better
Connected 2010

See our customer commendations and
awards<http://astuntechnology.com/customers/awards-and-commendations/>

864201149.