[OSGeo-UK] Open Nottingham bursaries for OSGIS 2012

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jul 30 02:55:27 PDT 2012

We are pleased to announce 5 "Open Nottingham" bursaries for excellent students to participate in OSGIS 2012. This is part of our strong commitment to actively support, widen and promote Open Nottingham initiative. In implementing the Open Nottingham programme, the University of Nottingham has strategically embraced an agenda of open access to teaching.  More details of Open Nottingham at http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/open/opennottingham.aspx

The "Open Nottingham" bursaries will cover the cost of one day registration fees to participate in OSGIS 2012 and are open for students from all UK universities (both postgraduate and undergraduate) . Applicants should email their one page CV and brief statement of their open source research to Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk<mailto:Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk>    with subject header "Open Nottingham bursary application". The deadline for application  is 6th  August 2012. The winners will be notified on 10th  August 2012.

This year's OSGIS Keynote presentations are:

#  "2011: the first Open census and beyond? " Prof. David Martin (University of Southampton)
#  "What a long strange trip it's been"  - Steven Feldman (KnowWhere Consulting and FOSS4G 2013 Chair)
#  "Ordnance Survey - embracing the open source opportunity" - Ian James ( Chief Architect, Information Systems, Ordnance Survey & Technical Architect, UK Location Programme)

OSGIS 2012 Workshops include

# How to setup and use an SDI in 3 hours-  Geocat (Netherlands)
# Getting started with GeoServer and INSPIRE services -  GeoSolutions (Italy)
# Educational use of OSGeo Live - Ari Jolma, Aalto Uni (Finland)
# Advanced GeoNetwork - Geocat (Netherlands)
# OSM-GB services and data"- NGI (UK)

More details at http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/osgis/home.aspx

We look forward to welcoming you for joining us in our vision and mission on further building up Open Source, Open Standards, Open data research.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Dr Suchith Anand
Nottingham Geospatial Institute
Nottingham Geospatial Building
University of Nottingham  NG7 2 TU
Tel: (0)115 82 32750
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~lgzwww/contacts/staffPages/SuchithAnand/Suchith%20Anand.htm
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ngi/research/geospatial-science/geospatial-science.aspx
http://elogeo.nottingham.ac.uk/
http://ica-opensource.scg.ulaval.ca/
http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/

Leading Open Geospatial Science through ICA Commission on Open Source Geospatial Technologies

Mission - Building up Open Source, Open Standards, Open Data research for bridging the digital divide