[OSGeo-UK] UK QGIS User Group

Jonathan Moules jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk
Thu Dec 12 02:01:07 PST 2013

Hi Simon, Matt,
Thanks for your replies, I had a couple of off-list replies too which had a
similar premise.

My issue with G+ is that I don't currently use it. I can use it (it comes
with my work email account as we use gmail), but the disadvantage I find is
that it requires actually going out of my way to check for updates. Whereas
mailing lists all end up in my email client and so I can see them as part
of my normal daily workflow and respond accordingly. For example FME used
to have a mailing list (actually a Google Group) and I'd contribute fairly
often. They've moved it to a in-house solution which I have to go out of my
way to check (login to their website etc) so I never do any more unless I
have a question; I believe others had similar feedback when they changed it.

I'll try signing up anyway and getting Google to ping me, but that sounds
like it's just adding a redundant step.
Cheers,
Jonathan