[OSGeo-UK] Results of survey into OSGeo:UK sponsorship

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Thu May 7 05:52:35 PDT 2015

Hi All,

Recently we ran a short survey monkey survey to try and poll for interest
in OSGeo:UK sponsorship. The survey has now closed, and the anonymised
results can be seen here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-8L9QP539/

tldr;
1) Slightly more people thought that if OSGeo:UK had sponsorship money we
should decide on how to spend it. However, a good proportion thought we
should sponsor individual projects.
2) Both individual and corporate sponsorship options were popular
3) Individuals £10-25
4) Corporates £50-100 (with some additional people thinking this should be
tiered by company size and up to £250)
5) Perks- reduced price entries to OSGeo:UK events and t-shirts, plus one
person said cake.

So I have a couple of questions to throw at the mailing list (don't be shy
in answering)...

If we went down the sponsorship route but couldn't (for some reason)
organise an event one year, would people feel as if they had been ripped
off, or could we just decide to give additional money to projects?

If we offered sponsorship, I would suggest a once-yearly decision on what
projects to contribute to- this would depend on finances after any events
had been organised. I'd like that decision to be a group one on the list-
would that be OK with everyone?

Thanks, and particular thanks to everyone that responded.

Jo

--
*Jo Cook*
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18

864201149.