[OSGeo-UK] How to spend some money

Ian Mayo ian at planetmayo.com
Fri Feb 10 04:06:35 PST 2017

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 09:54:56 +0000
> From: Jo Cook <jocook at astuntechnology.com>
> To: uk at lists.osgeo.org
> Subject: [OSGeo-UK] How to spend some money
>
> Hello UK Chapter folk,
>
> Let us know what you think, or even let us know of other options- we'd be
> happy to contribute to other projects but need a clear funding mechanism to
> do it.

The capability gap the between O/S & Commercial toolkits is shrinking.
But, I'm pretty sure the marketing gap is large & growing.

How about funding the development of a professional quality QGis
marketing pack, targeting UK councils/public bodies.

The pack could contain examples of how frequent geospatial
challenges/tasks are performed with QGis, together with case studies
of QGis/Open Source adoption and testimonials.

The materials would be Open Source, and customisable to suit the
opportunity at hand.

No, sadly I don't hold the skills to be a candidate for the work.

Regards,
Ian