[OSGeo-UK] FOSS4G UK 2018?

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 07:38:11 PDT 2017

Hi UK listers

We have had an approach from Geovation <https://geovation.uk/> to sponsor and support us running a FOSS4GUK in their London base in March 2018.

To make this happen we would need some members of the community to step up and take on the leadership and planning of the event, some of the 2016 team (who were also the 2013 team) need more recovery time before we go again.

I reckon you need a team of 6-8 people to organise an event, some workshops and a code sprint (if you want one). Advice would be forthcoming from past organisers if requested but we aren’t doers for this one. One of the Geovation team has offered some admin and logistics support.

Anyone interested? It’s great fun and immensely rewarding organising a FOSS4G, go on - put your hand up

May the FOSS be with you
______
Steven