[OSGeo-UK] BCS SoC Conference plans for 2018

Nick Bearman nick at clearmapping.co.uk
Fri Sep 29 07:45:50 PDT 2017

Hello,

As discussed at the AGM, here is some information on the BCS SoC Conference
plans for 2018.

BCS & SoC are going to run a joint week of events in London, 2nd - 6th Sept
2018. They are hiring a space for three of these days and are looking to
run or support other events alongside this. They are open to suggestions
and want to showcase to a wider audience than they traditionally address.

I think something addressing the current open source presentation tools
would be successful (such as the new presentation & symbology features in
QGIS).

Seppe and Paul (cc'd) are coordinating the event currently, and are putting
together a rough outline of events together for the end of October I
believe. I'm happy to keep OSGeo:UK up-to-date and liaise between the two
groups.

(Seppe & Paul, feel free to chime in and correct anything if I have gotton
it wrong!)

Best wishes,
Nick.

--

Nick Bearman
Senior GIS Analyst & Course Director

#Stand870 Farm Innovation Show, NEC! <http://bit.ly/2rTel3s>

--

Clear Mapping Company

--

Call: +44 (0)1326 337072 or +44 (0)7717 745715
Email: nick at clearmapping.co.uk
Visit: http://www.clearmapping.co.uk/

Address: Clear Mapping Company, Waterside House, Falmouth Road, Penryn,
Cornwall TR10 8BE

Vat Registered No. 216 6526 12