[OSGeo-UK] Update on OSGeo:UK's charity submission

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Tue Aug 7 03:05:45 PDT 2018

Hi List,

You may recall that earlier this year OSGeo:UK applied to become a charity-
unfortunately we were not successful in our application. The short version
of the feedback that we received is that our aims and objectives are not
exclusively charitable and do not fall under their definition of
"charitable purposes".

We've discussed this as a committee, but we don't feel that we can submit
an application that does meet their criteria without distorting what we
believe OSGeo:UK is for. As such we won't be re-submitting our application,
and we will stay as an unincorporated association instead. Our proto
trustees have kindly agreed to stay on as committee members, which is great
news.

To be honest, this makes little difference to how we run OSGeo:UK, and
remaining as an unincorporated association gives us more flexibility anyhow.

All the best

Jo

--
*Jo Cook*
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

*
Reserve your conference place now:  *Bristol 26 Sept
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/astun-conference-bristol-tickets-46763717538>*
| *Leeds 3rd October
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/astun-conference-leeds-tickets-46763825862>

*
*
*Sign up to our mailing list
<https://astuntechnology.com/company/#email-updates> for updates on news,
products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd, The
Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744
009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/> twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic
intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer,
PostGIS and QGIS training <https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>

Helpdesk and customer portal
<http://support.astuntechnology.com/support/login>

Company registration
no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor
Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.