[OSGeo-UK] GIS logo use

Mike Spencer spencer.mike.r at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 07:42:24 PDT 2019

I'm setting up an internal GIS user group at work. I'd like a little logo
for our MS Teams page to help people identify the group purpose.

My org is a funny beast and works across education, research and
consultancy. Our consultancy recently began migrating to QGIS and within
research and teaching we use QGIS, ArcGIS, GRASS and R.

Is it appropriate to use the OSGeo emblem for this? To me it seems a good
way to promote the overarching nature of the OSGeo project and I can't see
anything that says I shouldn't use it on the OSGeo logo pages. However I
want to check this isn't a faux pas!

There will be a resources section in the Teams page linking to OSGeo
projects.

Thoughts welcome,
Mike