[OSGeo-UK] FOSS4G UK 2019 widening participation survey

Fiona Hemsley-Flint fionahf at gmail.com
Fri May 10 01:10:15 PDT 2019

Hi there,

This year's FOSS4G UK conference will be at Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh from
the 18th to 21st September, with the main conference on the 19th and 20th
(icebreaker on the 18th, code sprint on the 21st). This is a friendly,
relaxed conference where we discuss all things free, open source and
geo-related.

Tickets will be no more than £40 per day, with concession rates available
too.

We'll be releasing more information and tickets soon, but first we'd like
to ask the community for a bit of help...

This year we have received a generous sponsorship to help widen
participation, with a particular emphasis on enabling parents, who
otherwise might not be able to attend, to come along.

This is where we need your assistance, as we'd like to get an idea of
whether offering some form of childcare would be beneficial, and what would
be the best way to do this.

We have put together a very quick survey (5 questions, 2-5 mins) which we
would really appreciate if you could complete to assist us in our decision
making:

https://foss4guk2019.typeform.com/to/XoVLSV

There is also the opportunity to comment on any other ways you might like
us to help widen participation, so even if you don't have children, please
do fill in the survey!

We look forward to your responses.

Many thanks,

Fiona

On behalf of the FOSS4G UK 2019 organising committee