[OSGeo-UK] Improving elevation and LIDAR tools in QGIS

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 11:30:32 PST 2021

Dear OSGeo:UK,

Based on our discussion at the recent AGM, we have £5k we could spend on
sponsorship (which would leave £9k for future conferences, etc.).

I'm proposing we donate £1,000 of this to the crowdfunding campaign to
improve QGIS tools for handling LIDAR and elevation data in QGIS.

The project meets our funding criteria
(https://uk.osgeo.org/fundingguidelines.html) and the committee believes
this is a good use of the money.

Any comments, feedback / discussion are welcome.

Depending on the discussion, we aim to formally submit the contribution
to Lutra Consulting tomorrow (Thurs) evening (i.e. about 24 hours after
this email).

Best wishes,
Nick.

Nick Bearman | OSGeo:UK Chair
Tel / WhatsApp / Signal: +44 (0) 7717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

On 08/12/2021 14:38, Saber Razmjooei wrote:

> Dear OSGeo UK,
>
> We have been running a crowdfunding campaign to improve QGIS tools for
> handling LIDAR and elevation data in QGIS:
> https://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/crowdfunding/elevation-pointcloud-enhancements-qgis/
>
> I have tried to approach some big data vendors in the UK. But
> unfortunately, generally, it has been a very poor response so far from
> UK QGIS users (0 donations to be exact).
>
> If you work for an organisation which uses QGIS, it is a good time to
> ask for help with this crowd-funding. There will be lots of great
> additions and improvements in the upcoming QGIS releases as the result
> of this effort.
>
> Kind regards
> Saber
>
> --
> Saber Razmjooei
> www.lutraconsulting.co.uk <http://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk>

Nick Bearman
Tel / WhatsApp / Signal: +44 (0) 7717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

My working pattern is probably not the same as your working pattern, therefore
you may get emails from me outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any
pressure to respond outside of your own working pattern.