[OSGeo-UK] Fwd: GISRUK Call for Papers - 2 week reminder FOSS4G mailing list

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 02:41:59 PST 2021

*GISRUK 2021 FREE and open ONLINE conference*

*14th - 16th April 2021*

*REGISTRATION NOW OPEN*

We are pleased to announce the 29^th Annual GIS Research UK (GISRUK)
<http://gisruk.org/>Conference, which will take place as a fully online
event from *Wednesday 14^th April to Friday 16^th April 2021*. The whole
conference will be *fully open and free (£0)* and is hosted by Cardiff
University.

You are invited to register for FREE following this link
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/gisruk2021-annual-conference-tickets-143562239523
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/gisruk2021-annual-conference-tickets-143562239523>or
by visiting the conference website: http://cardiff.gisruk.org
<http://cardiff.gisruk.org>

Deadline for Registration: *Wednesday **14th April 2021*

The conference theme this year is the COVID19 pandemic and will include
papers on mapping the spread of the disease and on the spatial analysis
of its impact on such things as personal mobility, social inequalities
and the outcomes of interventions such as stay at home orders.

The conference presentations will also include papers in the following
areas:

  * Urban Analytics and Smart Cities
  * Urban infrastructure modelling and the built environment
  * Spatial and Spatio-temporal modelling
  * Cartography and Geovisualisation
  * Volunteered Geographic Information
  * Applications in transport, economics, health, and environmental science

*GISRUK 2021 Early Career Researcher Workshop*

*Tuesday 13th April 2021*

*REGISTRATION NOW OPEN*

*Calling all Masters’ students, PhD students, post-doctoral and early
career researchers in the field of GI Science*

This year there is a FREE on-line pre-GISRUK2021 conference Early Career
Researcher Workshop on *Tuesday 13th April 2021*

GISRUK will feature a selection of ECR (Early Career Researcher)
sessions. These will be a great opportunity for Masters’ and PhD
students to get to know each other before start of the conference, and
we will have sessions on 'What is an (academic) conference?', Careers
(academic and non academic) in GI Science and Research (including grant
writing and interdisciplinary collaboration). We will also have a
session a couple of weeks before the main conference, dedicated to
presenting online, to help you develop your presentations before the
conference itself. All Masters’ and PhD students are welcome, as are
early career post-docs and researchers. We will also be running a
separate session (GISRUK for the uninitiated) for those who are new to
the GISRUK conference series and would like to learn a bit more about it.

All participants for the ECR workshop are invited to register for FREE
using the following link:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/gisruk2021-early-career-researcher-workshop-tickets-143585340619
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/gisruk2021-early-career-researcher-workshop-tickets-143585340619>or
by visitingthe conference website: http://cardiff.gisruk.org
<http://cardiff.gisruk.org>

Registration remains open until *Friday 9th April 2021*