[OSGeo-UK] OSGeo:UK AGM 11th Oct 2022 12-1 & Funding of Open Source Geo projects

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Fri Sep 9 03:44:08 PDT 2022

Plans for FOSS4G:UK Local 2022 are developing quickly - we have a range
of venues, including Keyworth. Please register online and send in your
talks now! Details at https://uk.osgeo.org/foss4guk2022local/.

We also have scheduled the AGM for Tue 11th Oct, 12-1. We will run this
online, with the link circulated here and posted online. An agenda is
posted online at https://uk.osgeo.org/agm/agm2022.html, and there are a
number of official agenda items we have to cover.

We are also going to discuss OSGeo:UK sponsorship, and this is where we
want your input. As discussed at the 2021 AGM
(https://uk.osgeo.org/agm/agm2021minutes.html) we have an overall budget
of money. This may be in-excess of the £5k mentioned in the minutes, but
is unlikely to be significantly above this. We are looking to use this
money to fund projects in the range of £500 - £1000 each.

We would like to hear from you - what project(s) do you think we should
fund? We are making this as simple a process as possible, so please
submit your ideas to osgeouk at gmail.com by Mon 10th Oct. We will need a
short paragraph that covers what is being funded, why it is useful, who
will do it and how much you are applying for. We will share these for
discussion at the AGM.

We have funding guidelines online at
https://uk.osgeo.org/fundingguidelines.html, but briefly, we only fund
open source projects, our preference is to support discrete pieces of
work, or to meet specific sponsorship levels, and we are focused on
items that will benefit the UK community.

We will discuss the submissions at the AGM, and decide which ones to fund.

Everyone is welcome at the AGM, so please come along to discuss which
projects we should support.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best wishes,
Nick.

--
Nick Bearman
OSGeo:UK Chair
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of your own working pattern.