[OSGeo-UK] OSGeo:UK AGM 2023 and GoFundGeo

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Thu Nov 30 07:13:36 PST 2023

OSGeo:UK AGM took place on Mon 20th Nov 2023 and the minutes are now
available at https://uk.osgeo.org/agm/agm2023minutes.html.

We agreed to fund a total of £5,633 across 7 projects through GoFundGeo:

* pgRouting Gold Sponsorship, $1200/£963 per year
* QGIS Sustaining Membership small level, €1,000/£870 per year
* James Milner, development of Terra Draw, up to £1,000
* North Road/Nyall Dawson: QGIS layout background formatting, £1,000
* GISRUK GoFundGeo: £200
* Dorset Code Sprint: £600
* qgis2web: Supporting Andrea Ordonselli to take on and develop gis2web,
£1,000
* As a result of sponsoring OSGeo Projects with a total of £1,833 /
$2,317, we are now an OSGeo Silver Sponsor.

With thanks to the RGS-IBG GIScience Research Group who have provided
funding of £250 to support the above projects.

We have around £500-£1000 remaining for allocation at a later date, so
if you do have a project that might qualify, please check our funding
guidelines and let us know, osgeouk at gmail.com or this email list.

At the AGM we also agreed to the development of a regular newsletter,
and discussion of how we use our existing communications channels.

Many thanks to everyone who attended and for your input.

Best wishes,
Nick.
OSGeo:UK Chair.

--
Nick Bearman
+44 (0) 7717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of your own working pattern.