[OSGeo-UK] Save the date for the July 2024 Open Standards Code Sprint 🚀

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Tue May 14 05:49:46 PDT 2024

Hi All,

I'm considering attending the OGC Code Sprint in London on 10th - 12th
July. Has anyone on this list been to one before, would be willing to
have a chat and let me know what it is like? I'm not a coder but I am a
documentation / tutorial person, so I think this is where my focus would
be.

Feel free to reply on list or off list, as you wish!

Many thanks!
Nick.

--
Nick Bearman
+44 (0) 7717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

On 02/05/2024 11:26 am, Joana Simoes via UK wrote:

> *Good morning,*
>
> *
>
> The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) is hosting a code sprint, from
> the 10th through the 12th of July. This code sprint will be open to
> all OGC APIs and encodings and will have special tracks in topics such
> as "Data Quality".
>
> //
>
> /A Code Sprint is a three day hybrid event, where dozens of
> developers from around the world come together to code and share their
> ideas regarding sharing geospatial information. Even if you are not
> a developer, there are lots of ways to be involved in the code
> sprint, without actually writing code; e.g.: testing, documentation,
> issues.  As in previous code sprints, this sprint will include a
> mentor stream targeted at newcomers, which includes an onboarding day
> with lots of introductory tutorials (see here
> <https://github.com/opengeospatial/developer-events/wiki/2024-Joint-OGC-%E2%80%93-OSGeo-%E2%80%93-ASF-Code-Sprint#mentor-streams>,
> examples of past tutorials)./
>
> **
>
> The sprint will run on an hybrid format, with the face to face
> component taking place in Geovation <https://geovation.uk/>, London.
>

> You can find more information about the sprint, including a
> registration link in the
>
> code sprints website: https://developer.ogc.org/sprints/
>

> Some sponsoring opportunities are still available, for those who wish
> to contribute:
>
> https://github.com/opengeospatial/developer-events/wiki/July-2024-Open-Standards-Code-Sprint#call-for-sponsors-mega
>
> You can find more information about OGC standards at:
> https://developer.ogc.org/
>
> **
>
> Hope to see you at the code sprint,
>
> All the Best,
>
> Joana
>
> *

Nick Bearman
+44 (0) 7717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

Please let me know if I can make any adjustments related to disability or neurodivergence to improve how we interact.

Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of your own working pattern.