[UN] Welcome and next steps

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Nov 6 06:33:28 PST 2015

Hi Werner,

Thanks for your input on the task teams.  I should note that I don't
pretend to have a huge amount of experience in dealing directly with the
UN, so having experienced members such as yourself active on this
committee is very important.  The UN-GIS team is very keen on having
OSGeo at the table, so I think this new OSGeo committee is very
important, to work together on this.

Regarding the first meeting, I have already put some ideas into the
agenda, and please do edit that agenda and add your topics for
discussion at http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/UnitedNations_Committee#Meetings

Until we agree on a chair and structure for the committee, I will chair
that first meeting, and follow that agenda, so I don't see a problem if
we have a lot of interested people speaking and sharing their ideas
(remember this is text chat on IRC).  If this committee decides to use
audio/voice conferencing for the following meeting that is fine.

-jeff