[UN] Updates about UN Open GIS Activities

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Feb 28 05:51:49 PST 2018

Hi all,

I am not sure if this was discussed here before, but last week I was
nominated as the new Chair of the Technical Advisory Group for the UN
OpenGIS Initiative; I was asked to attend the UN OpenGIS virtual meeting
last week, and I was welcomed into the group.

Here are the current members of the advisory group (I am copying this
from a slide presentation I was provided) :

Technical Advisory Group
------------------------

GeoSHAPE/OGS: Daniel Berry
OpenGDS: Youngok Kang
OSGeo: Jeff McKenna
Geo for All: Jeroen Ticheler
GeoSDI: Lorenzo Amato
UNHQ: Guillaume Criloux
UNGSC: Francis Mugambi, Shazia Noreen, Diego Gonzalez Ferreiro
UN Missions: Amirkhan Imanov, Anandavel Kannan, Philip Hughes,
Group Chair: Jeff McKenna

I am still very new to the group so it will take me some time to adjust
and learn, but I think this should be reported here to the OSGeo UN
Committee, as I am representing OSGeo.

Thanks,

-jeff