[US] Knoxville 2019 meeting

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Fri Jan 4 07:17:56 PST 2019

Good Morning and Happy 2019.

This email will be a bit short on details - but - it's the first one
(which should have been sent last month). The next FOSS4G meeting in
Knoxville will be March 19th and 20th. We have two changes:

  * It will be in conjunction with Cumberland URISA - and I'm fuzzy on
    how that affects cost - but - whatever we do will be in the mode of
    "Keep it affordable and get as many there as we can".
  * At the last meeting people wanted workshops (19th). I can say there
    will be a QGIS workshop - BUT - I need some suggestions on more
    workshops (and offers to teach). I'm not sure how many but I'm
    working that out.
  * We need speakers - bring us your use cases for FOSS4G Software in
    the Southeast (lidar/qgis/postgis/geoserver/mapserver/etc).

Anyway - more emails will be coming and I promise to not be lax on
sending them. It was a busy end of 2018 in the FOSS4G world for me at
least - so bring your stories to Knoxville.

Have a good day/weekend!

Randy

--
Randal Hale