[US] QGIS meeting April 3, 2020 in Ithaca, NY

Keith Jenkins kgj2 at cornell.edu
Mon Nov 25 06:42:50 PST 2019

Good morning, OSGeo US!

Inspired and encouraged by the success of the recent QGIS meeting in
Chattanooga (organized by the inimitable Randy Hale), several of us in
New York are planning a little something for spring 2020.

WHEN:
    Friday, April 3, 2020
WHERE:
    Cornell University
    Mann Library
    Ithaca, NY 14853
WHAT:
    A full day of QGIS excitement, with a choice of workshops in the
morning, and a series of presentations after lunch

We plan to open registration sometime in January.  In the meantime,
I've set up this page on the OSGEO wiki:
    https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/QGIS_NY_2020

We aim to keep this event free for attendees.  One of the factors in
that decision is that it decreases the overhead and advance notice
required for certain government employees to attend.  Mann Library at
Cornell will provide free access to several computer classrooms and
presentation spaces, so the main expense will be providing lunch.

We would like to request financial support from OSGeo US.  We still
need to put together an estimate of expenses, but wanted to go ahead
and reach out and get this on the radar.

Cheers,
Keith Jenkins, Cornell University
Mickey Dietrich, Tug Hill Commission
Alaina Mallette, Tug Hill Commission