[US] Update on Chattanooga QGIS Meeting October 25th 2019

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Fri Sep 13 04:55:04 PDT 2019

A slight update on the events:

  * Social: October 24th 2019 - The Tap House
  * Meeting: October 25th 2019 - Chattanooga State
  * Website: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/20191000-QGIS-US

Two more speakers have been added:

  * Keith Jenkins from Cornell University - Supporting QGIS At an
    Academic University.
  * Jody Garnett from BVCat - GeoCat Bridge for QGIS

Keith will be covering QGIS uses at Cornell Librarian. I've had the
pleasure to run into Keith multiple times over the last few years at
FOSS4G events through out the US and this will be a pretty excellent talk.

Jody Garnett will be doing a product "unveiling" of sorts to US
Audiences at the QGIS US meeting. I've had the pleasure to meet jody at
multiple FOSS4G events. He's a well know Geoserver contributor and has
been called "The nicest guy in OSGEO". He will be introducing GeoCat
Bridge. Geocat Bridge was previously known for helping ArcMap users
publish data, metadata and importantly cartography to a GeoServer or
MapServer stack. With GeoCat Bridge 4, and customer demand, we are
pleased to bring this experience to QGIS Desktop. This presentation
looks into what the qgis-bridge-plugin offers, functionality made
available for the processing toolbox, and the open source python
libraries used to make it all happen. GeoCat is an established
open-source company focused on helping government customers of all sizes
make the best use of open source. Our company is known as experts with
spatial-data-infrastructure,  core contributors of GeoNetwork, and
supporting OSGeo community on behalf of our customers.

Bonus - in the next two weeks I get the abstract from Nyall Dawson on
his topic....which will be awesome and I don't even know what it
is....which - CORE DEVELOPER TALKING TO PEOPLE IN THE US. If you haven't
noticed we have a profound lack of core developers here in the US on QGIS.

The good news is we're starting to run out of slots for people to speak
- Which means I'd really like to pack this out with people. $25 bucks
gets you all this plus....plus....Lunch! Maybe some snacks...and a head
full of knowledge on QGIS.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Randy

--