[US] Update on open source GIS interest in Michigan

Jessica Kane jkane at line-45.com
Mon Jul 27 14:13:53 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I wanted to share an update from Michigan.

OSGeo US sponsored a booth at the IMAGIN
<https://imagin.org/annual_conference_home> 2019 conference (and would have
for the 2020 conference if it wasn't cancelled). My colleague and I manned
the booth and were able to drum up some conversation and interest in open
source GIS at this state-wide, Esri-heavy conference.

Because of the conversations we were able to start there, IMAGIN has asked
me to help curate content for a new standing article in their quarterly
newsletter about open source GIS. I'll be coordinating content both from
our team at Line 45 and others around the state who I've been able to
connect with through our mutual interest in open source GIS.

Thanks for sponsoring the booth in 2019 and I'm hoping we can make it a
tradition to continue to get folks interested/excited about open source
tools!

Jessica

Jessica Kane
Project Manager & Developer