[US] 2020 OSGeo US Local Chapter Community Sprint Invitation

Guido Stein guido at guidostein.com
Tue Oct 6 13:23:55 PDT 2020

*2020 OSGeo US Local Chapter Community Sprint*

10/20/2020 - 1:00 pm

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJArc-yuqjgtGNAw-Nc773PzRUzlzcsMlfg7

Dear Friends of Open Geospatial,

The global pandemic has hampered the OSGeo US Local chapter's efforts to
grow and advance our projects and initiatives. To help fill this gap and
plan for the future of open geospatial, the OSGeo US Local Chapter is
inviting you to join us in a virtual "Community Sprint" on October 20th.

We hope you will participate in this event and help guide the OSGeo US
Local Chapter in planning for the rest of 2020 and 2021. There is much that
we can and should do together to:

   - Engender leadership within the US Geospatial Community
   - Build Adoption (marketing, education, advocacy)
   - Develop Diversity
   - Connect and collaborate with other stakeholders and organizations with
   missions that align with ours, like OSM US
   - Enable Jobs / Careers through open geospatial
   - Plan 2021 events, including
      - FOSS4G NA 2021
      - FedGeoDay
      - AI/ML DC Conference
      - Other local events

Your participation will help build engagement in our open geospatial
community and grow the effectiveness of open source geospatial software,
open mapping, and related open technology ecosystems.

Please register for the event using the following link:

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJArc-yuqjgtGNAw-Nc773PzRUzlzcsMlfg7.

Thank you,

Guido Stein, OSGeo US President

Eddie Pickle, FedGeoDay Chairperson