[US] OSGeo US February Newsletter

Guido Stein guido at guidostein.com
Thu Feb 18 11:45:58 PST 2021

Hey folks,

----------
tl;dr

Thirsty Thursday on 2/25
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/osgeo-us-thirsty-thursday-feb-2021-tickets-142134870223>
Volunteers and committee members needed <help at osgeo.us>
----------

Hey everyone,

I hope you are all well and doing interesting work. It's been almost a year
now since the pandemic began in the US and we are all still seeking ways to
connect with our community, virtually.

As discussed at the community sprint last year, we are planning on building
community and technical content for our community. We are starting this off
by running social events monthly (Thirsty Thursdays) and organizing
national events (FedGeoday).

Hope to see you at the first social event,

Guido
President, OSGeo US Local Chapter

*Thirsty Thursday starts next week*
We are going to have a social event next week and start experimenting with
ways to connect virtually. This month we are going to try to do a regular
social event and meet up using kumospace <https://www.kumospace.com>.
Kumospace is a fun way to gather and create spaces for smaller groups to
chat in a way that feels a little more natural than zoom rooms.

Register here to participate
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/osgeo-us-thirsty-thursday-feb-2021-tickets-142134870223>

*Volunteers and committee members needed for upcoming events*
Events are going to be run this year using some new tech and we could use
help with organizing the program, technical support, video capture, and
outreach. The goals for these events include socialization, learning,
content creation, OSGeo tech adoption, and improving our efforts to be
inclusive and diverse.

If you are interested in helping out, please email us at help at osgeo.us.