[vector-tiles] Quad Tree Tiling

Takagi Satoru satakagi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 19:45:03 PST 2018

Hello,

I am a developer of web mapping system in Japan.

I was developing a system with my own framework (called svgMap*3) developed
by myself.
Also I am poor in English, so I am slow to understand the concepts in osgeo.

Well, I seem to have developed about vector tiling for many years.

However, it is not an equally spaced mesh tile. The framework I build
accepts tiles in free areas. And by applying it, I am building a system
that generates content as a tile of quad tree according to the density of
data. Does the osgeo community consider the Web Mapping system by such a
concept?
The merit of the quad tree tile is described here*1 and here*2, for
example. And I feel the same merit.
In addition, I find commonality concept in CESIUM 3D Tiles.

*1: http://engblog.yext.com/post/geolocation-caching
*2:
https://robots.thoughtbot.com/how-to-handle-large-amounts-of-data-on-maps
*3: http://svgmap.org/