[VisCom] Ooooh, branding guidelines!

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Wed Dec 20 18:02:31 EST 2006

OK, do we have a font guy in the audience?

I just had a conversation w/ John about "proprietary typefaces".
However, this is not something he really knows much about (since we're
his first customer who's ever cared about this issue...)

My understanding is that he has recommended Sans as a distinguishing
alternative for us, but that Verdana would be an acceptable alternative
from a design standpoint.  He thinks that Verdana was released for
public use by Microsoft.

Likewise, the logo itself uses Trebuchet, but John's not sure if that's
a truly "open" font -- it "comes with" many computers, but he doesn't
know anything more than that.

Any help would be appreciated at this point, this could be messy for us.

-mpg