[Viscom-dev] Formalizing Event Management

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 5 09:35:14 EST 2007

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Hi,
> we have decided to formalize how OSGeo gets involved in events a few
> months back. But now the new (very cool) Drupal event calender lists
> events that I not heard of before and don't know about the status. I
> have lost track and as Event List Manager this is my time to raise the
> white flag. I propose that we stick to the steps as noted down here:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Event_Management
>
> I know that this more formal process might shy people away but I see no
> other way to keep track of what is going on.
> Comments?

Arnulf,

As a non-VisCom'er I have a bit of a concern with:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Event_Management#Proposing_Participation_at_an_Event

It is not uncommon that people will approach me about an event, or an event
will come to my attention and I would like to refer the event to VisCom for
consideration.  However, I don't want to become the event owner.  I just want
it queued for *consideration* by VisCom.

How should that work?  Is there a way for me to refer things without taking on
substantial responsibility?

Best regards,