[Viscom-dev] Meeting tomorrow?

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Wed May 9 05:46:40 EDT 2007

Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> I'm not sure where we all are right now since I've been not keeping good
> track of all things viscom, but technically tomorrow is meeting day.
>
> I'd like to perhaps get a sense of closure on who's going to be
> nominally in charge now, what our go-forward plan is, etc..?
>
> -mpg

Hello,
I have prepared some material in the Wiki that I want VisCom to focus on. We (some Web some Vis) have also discussed whether to ComCom but currently it seems fine to stay put as we are. If we can find a broader consensus on this (participation has been a little low to this respect) I am also prepared to volunteer to chair VisCom. I am currently trying to make room for this by resigning from some of my other responsibilities. Additionally there are new members who are interested in joining effort with VisCom which I have been holding back until we have cleared whether VisCom merges with WebCom or not.

I would very much prefer to do the regular VisCom meetings via IRC only as it gives us automagic log and people can join more loosely coupled - all SOA I guess :-) Current date and time does not suit me at all - which is why I have not been attending regularly.

Additional conference calls to focus on special events (Where 2.0 preparation, etc.) are fine but the regular VisCom stuff is better done via email and IRC for traceability and broader participation.

Best regards,
Arnulf.