A China chapter press release?

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Sat Sep 9 12:46:06 EDT 2006

I am thinking about writing a press release about OSGeo's growing
international presence.  The key item would be the launch of our chapter
in China, but would go on to include a few paragraphs about the other
chapters across the world that we are forming, esp. those in Asia.  Why
local organizations are important to us, ebenfits of getting
internationalization and translation of products, support for
governments and countries that are increasingly looking for
"alternative" approaches such as open source, etc.

Publication date would be around the 19th of September, the date of the
China meeting.

Thoughts?

[I should have done a FOSS4G press announcement, but I never thought of
it.  Rats.  If someone wanted to write it up we could get it out in the
next few days, but I don't have the time myself right now...]

-mpg