[Web Comm] Single Sign On SSO

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Sun Apr 2 11:00:53 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Arnulf Christl wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I would second the proposal of setting up an LDAP at our secondary
>> hosting environment (could we call it that?). It has still not been
>> worked out how SSO is going to be implemented using OGC interfaces
>> either.
>
> Arnulf,
>
> SSO using OGC interfaces?  Sometimes I'm not sure when you are serious!

Sure am. Where is the problem?

>  > In the long run we will want to have SSO including the Wiki, the
>> OSGeo domain *and* the OSGeo SDI stack. That would be cool. Maybe add
>> some GeoACXML certification to the process, reduces the overhead of
>> logging into LDAPs and reading Cookies across domain limits.
>
> Well, I'm feeling "in over my head".

What is "in over my head"? My translator [1] gives me:

to be in over your head with debt
to be head over heels in love
That's over my head
He's head over heels in love
She's head over heels in love

I suspect that you are in love with me. You know we non-English native
speakers sometimes do have a hard time.

>> Maybe I have missed it but there was some talk about an infrastructure
>> workgroup/taskforce/someone for the telescience. Latest information
>> that I have is that Mark Lucas is the SSO/CVS for this topic and
>> Norman Vine one of the setup scripts / executables. :-) Correct?
>
> Yes, Norman Vine is heading it up, and I'm hoping that Howard Butler
> will help with the LDAP aspects if needed, as he has good experience in
> that area.
>
> Best regards,

Cool. Where do we discuss? I could sure get them off list but it would
make sense to move the discussion to one of the many new mailing lists
if only to be able to say  afterwards that it was all discussed in
public. Need another smiley to believe that I am sure serious? Here we
go :-)

Best, Arnulf.

[1]
http://dict.leo.org/?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&relink=on&sectHdr=on&spellToler=on&search=%22in+over+my+head%22