[Web Comm] Q&A to choose a software stack

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sun Apr 2 23:57:54 EDT 2006

I guess for web mapping, what stack you use would depend a lot on what your existing preferred development/deployment environment is.  Also, people aren't usually looking for an entire stack, just what they need to get the job done.

I certainly see some problems coming trying to distinguish between the various web mapping components, and show how they work together.  Also, differentiating between the use cases for some of the smaller agile packages, and the larger ones like MapGuide.  We have a real wealth of packages to choose from, but in some ways this is a hinderance.

Jason