Content Review/Additions?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Aug 2 01:02:28 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I've put a couple pages up on the Wiki that I'd appreciate further refinement/input on.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Why_Open_Source_Geospatial <http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Why_Open_Source_Geospatial>
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/How_Can_I_Help <http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/How_Can_I_Help>

I'm planning on making these full pages on the main site, with teasers on the entry page like:

Why Open Source Geospatial?
 - Interoperability
 - Rapid Innovation
 - Elegant Solutions
 - Personal Support
more ...

I'd also like to do a "What is OSGeo?" detailing what the foundation is and what it does, and a "Who is OSGeo" talking about the kinds of members we have.

I've placed stubs for all of these pages at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/WebComTODO#Current_Work <http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/WebComTODO#Current_Work>

This, alongside the user/developer/company spotlights is a large part of what I want on the main page.  Product comparison matrices would be nice too, but I'm not if a great position to decide what's important, etc...

Jason