[Web Comm] thoughts about The Prototype and content development

Dave Patton dpatton at confluence.org
Fri Aug 11 17:32:38 EDT 2006

Jo Walsh wrote:
> How I imagine the sitemap looking:
>
> [community|www].osgeo.org
> 			 /mapbender
> 			 /mapguide
> 			 /[insert project name here]
>
> This corresponds to the one-pager overviews per project that exist
> now and are being built up in the CN site. Here i would also want to
> see links directly to each project's download repos., mailing lists,
> documentation and news pages; whether those are on foo.osgeo.org, and
> whether or not foo happens to be on CN, it doesnt much matter to me.
>
> 			 /viscom
> 			 /geodata
> 			 /[insert committee name here]

> Drupal allows one to give clean URLs of free choice to any page.

Cool URIs don't change
http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html

One thing the Prototype could help get settled
is "what URI to use" for various things, such
as a committee's main page. For example, should
the 'main' URI be something like:
http://www.osgeo.org/PublicGeospatialDataCommittee
or
http://www.osgeo.org/geodata