[Web Comm] Drupal Transition and Automated Web Page Cleanup

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Dec 1 19:06:09 EST 2006

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> Hi all,
> By default we can have drupal ignore everything but the most basic content.  It will simply not display it.
> I would like to see clean code but not if it causes any delay without substantial aesthetic improvement.  Can we postpone this until after the primary content port is complete?  In my opinion it is low priority until the new year.

Tyler,

I am getting the impression that Drupal does not use upload html directly,
but rather it processes it into some internal format, and then produces
new HTML of it's own construction.  Is that right?

If that is the case, then we should be planning on human review of all
unusual/non-compliant web pages since we can expect them to subsubstantially
transformed, right?

In this case, we might as well cleanup the web pages as we go, and hopefully
the scripts can identify all pages which had substantial stuff changed
in the process so we can review them manually.