[WebCom] New aliases on web site

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 31 00:15:57 EST 2006

I've added (not replaced) several aliases on the new site, so that
projects can be easily found without having to use the legacy URLs.

Now you can access projects (other than openlayers and geonetwork)
using the simple pattern:
http://osgeo.org/<project>

Eg. http://osgeo.org/geodata
http://osgeo.org/gdal_ogr  (also just gdal or just ogr)
http://osgeo.org/mapserver
...etc.

Of course we can change this to a more complex pattern, but since we
will have a fixed number of OSGeo projects, I think this is a good
move and maximises 'guessability'.  I'm happy to revisit any de-facto
decision we've made about the site during this rush.. so don't
hesitate if you want to debate it.

Any last minute changes or issues people want to see before the
switch gets thrown?