[Web Comm] Welcome message

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Feb 24 12:41:24 EST 2006

By the way, Hi :)

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a long time GIS user, and have
been involved in open source in the past, but I haven't taken the
opportunity to mix the two before now.  OSGeo was like a beacon to me,
and hopefully it will attract others in the same way.

I've put up another option for the welcome message...

http://www.fossgis.de/osgeo/index.php/Welcome_Message

I've tried to keep all of the elements of the other versions, but with
slightly more active language and an emphasis on communities.

Is there another communication method for the committee, or regular
meetings?

Jason