[Web Comm] Main web site, and news.

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Jul 11 21:21:45 EDT 2006

Hi Frank,

That file is static.

I'm the only one currently updating the page, though there are others with access.

I was hoping to get rid of the big honkin' News section on the main page and have the news discreetly done with the Announce feature.  If you add an announcement, it will show up on the main page in a small box in the upper-right.  Really, really important news could still be added to the middle section, but I'd prefer to reserve that for bearings and distance.

The structure that Daniel initially set up, with multiple pages needing to be maintained for news archives, was far too much work to keep current.  That was what prompted me to suggest using the news.osgeo.org Annoucements feature to write the news, and the WWW Announcements feature to point to it.

Jason