[Web Comm] News Update

Andrew Kelly akelly at collab.net
Wed Jul 12 10:01:14 EDT 2006

Frank, couple of updates and comments for you, inline...

Andrew

Still to do:

1) I would like to create a news_item at webcommittee.osgeo.org mailing
list,
    but I don't have the appropriate status.  Could someone with
appropriate
    access on the webcommittee web project create it (or perhaps grant
me
    co-owner privs).

[Andrew] Not sure why you couldn't create the list, you have the
co-owner role in webcommittee (maybe Auke did it).  In any event, I
created the list, unmoderated, and made you the sole member.

2) I don't know where the links on the left sidebar of the main osgeo
web
    page come from.  I would like to update the "News and Events" item
under
    OSGeo Community to point to the separate News and Events pages
instead of
    the now deprecated news_events.html page.

[Andrew] I updated the left nav to point to the two new pages you
created, please validate they are what you had envisioned.  Fyi, the
file for the homepage left nav is located in the "look" project:
look/www/overrides/snippets/NavColumn-Community.html.  Only domain
admins for the site have access to that project, and since you're doing
administrative activities, I granted you that role.  You will now notice
(a) a new tab on your homepage for admins and (b) a few extra projects
in the list that you haven't seen before.  If you want me to retract
this role let me know (I like to err on the side of freedom).