feedback/questions about OSGeo site news creation

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Fri Jul 14 14:45:07 EDT 2006

dear all,

I am preparing to go through the process of adding a news item "to
verify that you have the right access to everything, and the process
is adequately documented". I feel disoriented and puzzled already.

I see conversations in the list archives about how there's a cvs
repository for the www project which has the news in it, and a svn
repository for the news project, which doesn't have the news in it.
I can't find the sense in this. Auke/Andrew, what would be involved in:

a/ killing off the news project (moving the developer/project
   spotlights, figuring out how they integrate w/ the rest of the site
b/ moving the www project from cvs to svn

I can't see from here, where to find the cvs repository for www.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/News_Queue otherwise is helpful. It's
not clear to me how the stuff that gets added to news_archive.html
subsequently winds up on index.html. Trial and error may enlighten
me, but how much error are you guys prepared to put up with? ;)

jo