Should we have a meeting soon?

Fred Warnock fred.warnock at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 11:40:12 EST 2006

all,

Firstly, Thanks to Jason and Daniel for all the effort and activity on
the site lately.  I've kinda let myself fall out of the loop since our
teleconference, and now find that this thing seems really daunting.

Jason, since you have obviously already dived in, I value your insights
and comments and find your suggestions very constructive, and would like
to chat with you soon.

I feel the need for the web-com to have a meeting to discuss some
things, and to set up the tone and time for regular meetings.

Some of the things I would like to know and discuss are as follows

1) when are people able to actively work on the site? days(s) and time(s)
2) how often should we have regular meetings?
  - Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly?
  - best time seems to be in the evening 7 or 8 until 8 or 9 (lets keep
them to an hour at the most)
3) how should we conduct our meetings?
  - we should have a clear agenda, at the very least we should come to
those meetings with a list of issues that need to be discussed
  - I think each time, someone should "chair" the meeting to keep us on
topic and on time
  - I also think someone should "record" the meeting as a list of
assigned tasks, or issues etc. in a wiki.  This person could also be the
"chair"
4) what are our priorities?
5) what do people want to tackle?
6) how do we deal with suggestions?
7) should we nominate a "lead" from our number?  Does Frank become our
"lead" as he's on the board? Is Daniel our "lead" since he's our
community manager... I ask this since I work much better when a clear
lead is established
8) site design ideas and organization.  Jason I know you are already
discussing this on the list, but a discussion could be useful to get
"buy in"
9) Protocol with what we can decide on the list and what should be
decided in meetings

btw, I've been reading a project management book lately called "Applied
Software Project Management"... I don't normally talk like this ;)

if we can all agree on a date and time for the meeting by the end of
today that would be awesome.

I suggest Thursday night at 8:00pm EST I think that's 7:00pm central

all the best,
fred