[Web Comm] Should we have a meeting soon?

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Wed Mar 8 02:07:30 EST 2006

Pericles S. Nacionales wrote:
> How about we make it official, 1900 CST on Thursday 9 March, 2006.
>
> Friday 01:00 UTC
> http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=3&day=10&year=2006&hour=1&min=0&sec=0&p1=0
> Friday 03:00 - Johannesburg
> Thursday 17:00 - Vancouver, Seattle
> Thursday 19:00 - Ames, Dallas, Minneapolis
> Thursday 19:00 - Ottawa, Washington DC
>
> I guess that would really make it difficult for Jody.  How about we try to
> make it so that the next meeting will be evening in Johannesburg and morning
> in the north american contenint?  We can alternate the scheduling...

I still think you may want to bite the bullet and do two meetings, in
order to cover both Asia and Europe. At least
have your Java representation is in Europe. And mapbuilder is in Asia.

As long as we are doing a meeting planning, there is a different world
clock tool that is useful.
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?month=3&day=8&year=2006&p1=111&p2=256&p3=159&p4=57

Have a look at the spread and get back to me, Cameron and Justin do you
have any interest in the web committee, I know we are
just trying to get set up this week (but organization is ongoing).

However I get the impression that these time slots need to avoid work
hours in north America. I would
still like an answer about meeting time caps as that does make a
difference for those who can work on open
source in their day job.

There is another approach, the person who is kind enough to volunteer as
chair sets the meeting time ;-)

Jody