issues with RSS feeds of announcements

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Thu Mar 30 21:34:19 EST 2006

dear WebCom, i have a short laundry list of bugs for you,

1. The announcement about RSS feeds of announcements is showing the
announcement date as current time/date, not the date of the actual
announcement. This looks like a serious collabnet bug to me.
cf https://webcommittee.osgeo.org/ vs
https://webcommittee.osgeo.org/servlets/NewsItemView?newsItemID=14

2. The actual RSS feed doesn't have dates on the items.
https://webcommittee.osgeo.org/servlets/ProjectNewsRSS
RSS aggregators tend to rely on supplied dates in order to tell
when things happened in time. Feeds need dates to be useful.

3.
https://webcommittee.osgeo.org/tutorials/rss_feeds.html is still
giving me an error message after a few days.

I would have added these as Defects in the bug tracker, but I think
that as i'm not a project member of WebCom, I can't add bugs there.

thanks, deep apologies for whinging,

jo